Gotta Love Dogs!



Although I am only able to have kitties right now, I have to admit - I've always been a dog person at heart.

When I was a teenager and early adult, my family had the most wonderful dog named Coco. She was a German Shepherd / Airdale mix, and I still miss her. I put her through doggie training school when I was 19, and I used to take her for long walks around my hometown of Kahalu'u when I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life. Coco was like a best friend to me, and ever since she passed away, in 1999, I have had this thing with dogs, where my heart just lurches when I see one... I always want to give them a big hug!

I was just dogsitting for my neighbors, Kristin and Brian. Their dog is named Bodie and he is soooo cute and funny, it's ridiculous. So much cuteness rolled into one little ball of a pug. Pugs are kind of funny looking but that's part of their charm. And those grunting noises they make! They are a riot!

Anyway, this is Bodie, and I'll include some other photos of dogs that I've taken over the years. It sure does help to have a professional (fast snapping) camera when taking animal pictures!


Bodie



Parker and Nikki, my favorite German Shepherds, whom I get to dogsit for on occasion:



Good Doggies!!!


Parker

Nikki


"Mr. P"
Bij




Angus





I also love to photograph people with pets. I know that for many people, their pets are their kids. Thanks to Rebecca for letting me post these photo I took, for her website:



Below are some pics of Angela and Miska, right after she got him. When she told me she was adopting a new puppy I really wanted to take some candids right away, because I knew he wouldn't stay that tiny for long! I'm so glad I got to take these photos (and Angie I can't wait to photograph your wedding - I feel super honored that you asked me!).



Angela and Barzel with Mishka:

Angela and Mishka at the dog park - they grow up so fast!




Audrey and Angus

Angus belongs to Kristen - a good friend of the family, and is the same age as Audrey, 
so they're like siblings : )



If you are looking to take some dog photos (or pics with any other kind of pet), 
contact me at 650-260-2269.

Laura